Replacing the air filter in your furnace is not optional because over time not changing your air filter will ruin your HVAC system. Air filters protect your HVAC equipment and some can also help your health.
Variables That Can Cause More Dirt in Your Air Filter
- Air filters only get dirty when the circulating fan in your system is running, so your filter will collect more dirt when it’s very hot or very cold and the fan has to run more often.
- The more people you have in your home or office, the more dust and lint your filter will collect.
- Pets will cause your filter to collect more pet hair, fur, and dander.
- Smoking generates particles that will quickly fill an air filter.
- Some filters are designed to last longer than others.
You Will Have to See What’s Right for Your Home
Start by checking the filter after 30 days. To check it, you will have to pull it out and hold it beside a clean filter to compare. If they look different then it is time to change the air filter. If the filter seems okay then make sure to check it 30 days later. Repeat this process until you find a pattern of how often your need to change your filter during particular times of the year. Even if your home is extremely clean and you rarely run your system, you will still have to change your air filter twice a year. Once at the beginning of the heating season and once at the beginning of the cooling season. Washable filters should be washed monthly following the instructions you received when you purchased it. Remember that washable filters don’t last forever and you will have to replace them also at some point.
Reasons to Change Your Filter
- To Keep Your HVAC Equipment Efficient – Dirty air filters restrict airflow which will make your system have to work harder.
- To Protect Your HVAC System – A system that has to work harder because of a dirty filter will receive unnecessary wear and tear and possibly damage from overheating.
- To Keep Your Family or Staff Healthy – A clogged filter will allow dust and lint to pass right through into your ducts and ultimately your rooms which can aggravate asthma and allergy symptoms. Your indoor air quality will become poor due to dust and pet dander got getting stopped by the filter.
What Our Planned Mainteance Program Provides
Air Conditioning and Heating Systems require regular maintenance and service. Without periodic maintenance, equipment failures and energy consumption waste is much more likely. Our maintenance agreements provide manufacturers’ recommended maintenance procedures to your heating and air conditioning systems. We come out for a planned annual or semi-annual inspection and tune-up service that is designed to meet or exceed all manufacturer and extended-warranty requirements, and adheres to recommended procedures outlined by the Department of Energy and local utility companies. Our planned maintenance program helps you with the following…
- Inspection and tune-ups allow us to find and fix minor issues before they can become larger issues.
- You will receive 15% discounts on all repairs.
- Tune-ups on your heating and air conditioning systems will improve your comfort and save you up to 50% on your energy costs.
- If a repair of ours fails during that season, we will repair it again at no charge.
- We keep track of your inspection and tune-up schedule and will contact you to schedule the appointments.
- You receive priority service and are moved to the top of the service list if your system is having problems.
Phoenix Comfort’s planned maintenance programs keep your central heating and air conditioning systems from losing their efficiency over time and becoming more and more expensive to operate.
Contact us (859-918-5400) for a Consultation!
About Phoenix Comfort Systems
Phoenix Comfort provides a full range of air conditioning and heating repair, installation, and maintenance services for residential and commercial customers. We keep your air conditioning and heating systems in their best condition and ready to go when you need them most, following the industry’s “best practice” methods and standards. Phoenix Comfort carries a full line of quiet, energy-efficient air conditioning and heating equipment.
>> Learn More